STEM Discovery Week 2018 is a joint international initiative that invites projects, organisations and schools across Europe and around the world, to celebrate careers and studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The tagline for this year's campaign "say yes to STEM" describes the partners' open-minded and dedicated support to STEM subjects at school, as well as wide-ranging collaboration among stakeholders in the area.
STEM Alliance Focus: STEM Careers and Studies for All - Women in STEM
As part of the STEM Discovery Week 2018, STEM Alliance will advocate ‘STEM Careers and Studies for All' with a special focus on Women in STEM. During the campaign, STEM Alliance will showcase how our industry partners are encouraging young women to enter STEM professions.
Find below our:
1. Animation Video 'Women in STEM initiatives by STEM Alliance partners'
2. Visual Info Sheet presenting different ‘Women in STEM'-friendly initiatives from our industry partners. Click on the image below to download the infosheet!
3. Webinar ' How can companies help schools to promote girls in STEM?' on 26 April at 17:00 CEST with our industry partners open to all policy makers, STEM professionals, teachers and young people! Join the STEM Alliance and Scientix webinar and learn what schemes companies are offering to help get girls into STEM careers. Click on the image below to learn more and access the registration page!
Interested in becoming a partner?
By committing to the STEM Discovery Week 2018, the partners agree to:
- Organise and share information about activities in STEM education as part of the STEM Discovery Week campaign.
- Encourage third parties to support and join the initiative by organising STEM activities of their own and share information about them as part of the STEM Discovery Week campaign.
- Publish on their web page information in support of the STEM Discovery Week campaign, hence facilitating an active exchange of information among projects, organisations and schools.
For more information on the registration steps that potential partners need to follow, please consult this document here.
Are you organising a STEM event around April 2018?
Include it on the map! Participants organising STEM activities in the course of April 2018, may also enter the STEM Discovery Week competitions. Visit the competitions' section for more information here.
STEM Discovery Week activities' map