Disclaimer by EUN Partnership aisbl
This web site has been developed by EUN Partnership aisbl (EUN), the legal name of European Schoolnet. Contact information of EUN Partnership aisbl can be found below.
EUN is established in Brussels, Belgium, and Belgian laws apply to any use of the site.
Although we do make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information provided is both timely and accurate, the information provided via this web site is:
· of a general informational nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
· not necessarily comprehensive, accurate, complete or up to date;
· sometimes linked to external sites over which EUN Partnership aisbl has no control and for which EUN assumes no responsibility;
· not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Therefore, EUN assumes no liability in relation to any of the points above, except as required under applicable law. If you note that your rights have been violated through any information provided via the STEM Alliance website, please contact EUN as indicated below. EUN will handle your objection with due diligence in compliance with its legal obligations.
EUN is not responsible or in any way liable for the contents of any document, information or materials ("materials") which have been uploaded, linked to or otherwise made available by members of the Stem Alliance, Partners, users or other third parties or their representatives ("content contributors") via the website. It is the duty of each content contributor to check the legality of their use of such materials prior to making them available, and in particular to ensure, that they do not infringe any relevant law including but not limited to copyright, privacy or data protection, criminal, contract, torts or civil liability, statutory obligations or any other law or laws whether at International, European or national level.
EUN Partnership aisbl reserves the right, in its discretion, to suspend, change, modify, add or remove (portions of) the website at any time, including any materials which may have been made available by content contributors.
Acceptable use of STEM Alliance Services
The use of STEM Alliance tools and services including this website is subject to the following conditions.
- You will not use the STEM Alliance tools and services for anything not related to or for the purpose of education.
- You will not post or send unauthorized commercial communications (such as "promotions" or spam) on or through the STEM Alliance tools and services.
- You will not use harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers (harvesting bots are used to collect a large number of email addresses to use for bulk emailing or for spamming; scrapers find and store information about a certain webpage; spiders are designed to systematically crawl and browse the World Wide Web usually for the purpose of indexing Web pages in order to provide them as search results for user search queries) in order to collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the STEM Alliance tools and services.
- You will not register someone else under your login (every user is responsible for his/her own registration with the service).
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not use the STEM Alliance tools and services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory, nor anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the STEM Alliance tools and services.
EUN might contact you in the future using the data you are providing hereby in the framework of future projects.
When you publish content or information using the STEM Alliance tools and services, it means that you are allowing everyone registered as a user to access and use that information, and to associate it with your contact information.
© - The STEM Alliance website is a service provided by the EUN Partnership aisbl. Except where otherwise stated, content made available either by EUN or users on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0). Licensing under Creative Commons licenses does not of itself affect the ownership of the copyright. Content from third party websites is subject to their own copyright restrictions; please refer to the site of origin for more information.
Website Graphics: ideyweb, Jane Kelly, La1n, Ozerina Anna, Sentavio, Tarchyshnik Andrei, Vector Goddess, venimo, Viktoria Kazakova (Shutterstock)
Contacting EUN Partnership aisbl
For any questions related to the STEM Alliance website , you can contact John Stringer, Data Protection Officer
EUN Partnership aisbl
Rue de Trèves 61
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
The STEM Alliance portal is dedicated to respecting the privacy of its users. Our intention is to provide a secure and safe environment for all users. The following statement outlines the policies by which the STEM Alliance portal collects, manages, and uses the data provided to us by users, and how users of the portal may exercise their rights. Registration on the STEM Alliance site indicates that you have accepted these policies and agree to abide by them.
The STEM Alliance portal is controlled by EUN Partnership aisbl, the legal name for European Schoolnet. Contact information can be found above.
To best serve our users, the STEM Alliance portal requires users to submit the following information as a part of the registration process:
First name, Last name, Email address, Country, Mother tongue
In addition, information such as a user's IP address, internet service provider (ISP), web browser, operating system, approximate times of use, referring site, email address, specific user interactions with the systems functionality and any similar data exchanged between a user's computer and the servers of the STEM Alliance portal will be collected. These will not be linked to specific user accounts except as indicated below.
Finally, aggregated statistics will be collected regularly, including, but not limited to, the number of users during a specific period, the preferred subjects and/or countries chosen by teachers or other type of users, and account usage.
During the registration process, users will be asked to specify a unique username and corresponding password. Through this username/password combination, users may access their account and use the restricted areas of the site. Users can edit or delete their profile information at any time.
Use of collected information
Personal information provided by the user or collected during usage of the STEM Alliance platform will only be used to:
- Allow registrants to contribute to the STEM Alliance portal community through rating, comments, bookmarks, tagging, and uploading their own resources;
- Enable and improve the user experience within this and similar projects via access control, tracking usage frequency, search behaviours, preferences and settings;
- Inform the user of learning resources and activities he or she might interested in within this or other EUN projects and about any developments and updates related to the STEM Alliance initiative;
- Assist in the registration and sign up to other EUN projects by pre-filling the relevant registration forms;
- Allow and facilitate monitoring and research activities within and across EUN projects and activities.
Access to this information is strictly limited to EUN Partnership aisbl, education ministries, third parties carrying out research activities and entities in charge of implementing the STEM Alliance initiative. The transfer of specific data to other third parties can be permitted under the specific authorisation of the Data Controller; such authorisation will only be granted by the Data Controller to third parties with a legitimate interest in this information, taking into account the context and scope of the STEM Alliance website and/or the STEM Alliance initiative (e.g., educational organisations; governmental bodies; research centres; universities; partners in the STEM Alliance initiative). Personal data will only be transferred in accordance with applicable regulations. Whenever possible, data will be processed in an anonymous way, especially if transferred to third parties for research purposes. EUN Partnership aisbl will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes to third parties.
EUN Partnership aisbl will have access to provided account information and can modify and/or delete information as needed to maintain the integrity of the user database or to ensure the proper operation of the STEM Alliance platform.
STEM Alliance Professionals Go Back to School tool
If you register to use this tool http://www.stemalliance.eu/pgbs_tool
- your First name, Last name and Organisation name, as recorded in your STEM Alliance profile (Profile tab), and the information of your Back To School Activity Profile (Profile tab) will be available and displayed for all users of the tool (Search database)
- your Email address, as recorded in your STEM Alliance profile, will be shared within the tool and by email with users you send a Contact request to or you accept a Contact request from
- The information of the Activities (My Activities tab) you add to the tool will be displayed publicly in the PGBS campaign map (Start Date, End Date, Country, Region, City, Title, Description, STEM Topics, Website), any time you create a new activity or edit an existing activity
For additional use of the information collected within the tool, please, refer to the section Use of collected information.
Length of data storage
Personal data provided by the users of the site or collected during their usage of the site will not be stored by EUN Partnership aisbl in a form allowing the identification of the users for longer than three years after the last use of the STEM Alliance platform by the user or, in the case of multiple registrations, three years after the last use by the user of any site maintained by EUN, whichever is the later. In addition, registered users may contact the EUN Partnership aisbl as indicated below to terminate their accounts, which will result in the deletion of the personal data that they have provided during registration.
The STEM Alliance portal has implemented and continues to maintain appropriate technical and management measures to keep your personal information secure and safe from loss, damage, corruption, or deletion.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- User preferences: These cookies help to improve a user's experience of a website by providing a more personalised service, without having to ask you every time again; more specifically, our Liferay Portal stores a limited number of user preferences, such as language and session id.
How to control cookies? You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.