Join the Online Course: Inquiry-Based Teaching in Life Sciences
It is primarily a shift from the mere passing on of information, to the stimulation of students' curiosity and motivation for them to inquire. IBSE allows students to be in control of their own learning process and acquire knowledge in a more interactive way.
On the other hand, IBSE methodologies give teachers the opportunity to present the curriculum from a new angle and to follow students' development on a unique scale. This way, Inquiry Based-Teaching makes the classroom a space of curious learning and more flexible teaching.
The Inquiry-Based Teaching in Life Sciences online course is meant to enhance life science teachers' pedagogical competences and practices, and improve their conceptual understanding of life science to help them further establish and disseminate IBSE.
The Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) starts on 12 March 2017 and will offer a selection of tested classroom activities and resources from a number of European countries to empower life science teachers to introduce IBSE methodologies to students aged 12-19, and help them reflect on their own practices.
In this MOOC, participants will:
- Experience Inquiry as an adult learner
- Acquire the skills and confidence to implement Inquiry-Based Teaching in the classroom
- Learn how to reflect on their own teaching practice
- Enhance their personal and their students' conceptual understanding of life sciences
- Explore various formal and informal assessment approaches for IBSE
Watch the introductory video and register today here!