STEM Discovery Week 2019 - “STEM Alliance Competition”
See the list of the winners here!
STEM Discovery Week 2019 - "STEM Alliance Competition"
Check the guidelines here!
STEM Alliance invites primary and secondary school teachers as well as career counsellors to join the STEM Alliance Competition during this year's STEM Discovery Week 2019. 10 winners will be invited to take part in a Science Projects Workshop in Brussels in June 2019.
Until 29 April 2019 we are, therefore, excited to receive your submissions which:
- emphasise the importance of STEM education and careers;
- showcase a good example of promoting STEM careers through collaboration with companies in education;
- motivate students to choose a STEM career in the future;
- feature a method of teaching that involves a collaboration between teachers or schools and companies (placement in companies, STEM professionals visiting schools, school visit in enterprises, STEM fairs etc.).
Please note the language of use should be English.
There are two categories you can participate in:
- STEM Events
After your STEM event took place, report the event you organised by filling in the STEM Events form here. Both face-to-face and online activities organised by a submitter are accepted in this category.
- STEM Careers Resources
Create a learning or teaching resource that explains a career in STEM related to one or several of the following themes:
- Any theme related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- Programming, coding or related technological fields
- Sustainable innovation or climate change
- Space exploration
The resources that you create can be a lesson plan a presentation, an info sheet or any other informative materials that can be used by other teachers to showcase careers in STEM.
Tips to help you with your submissions:
- If you go for a career info sheet showcasing a STEM-related profession, we are offering a template that can support you in creation of informative resource for STEM careers. You can download the template here and fill it in depending on a profile you've chosen.
- For the creation of the resource, you can use the help of a professional or a tool that is offered by a company in the field.
- You can find inspiration on the STEM Alliance Resources repository.
Submit your entry to the STEM careers resources category form here, sharing the URL to your resource (Word, Google Docs, Dropbox, etc). The URL you share with us should be valid and redirect immediately to your resource.