STEM Alliance – Dell PolicyHack™ report: 8 recommendations to tackle education challenges in Europe
In autumn 2020, the STEM Alliance and Dell Technologies teamed up to run the "STEM Alliance - Dell PolicyHack™ Competition on Education Challenges in Europe". The participants submitted STEM education challenges that they face on a local/regional level in their teaching, sharing concrete recommendations on how ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) can help solve them.
Entries were submitted within three ICT for STEM Education Challenge Themes: Learning environment and content, Skills in STEM education and Life-long learning. From a wide array of proposals, four brilliant teachers were invited to present their inspiring and innovative ideas in the final events that took place on 23-27 November 2020.
Following these sessions, the STEM Alliance and Dell Technologies published the report "STEM Alliance – Dell PolicyHack™ on Education Challenges in Europe". The analysis outlines 8 recommendations for education to move forward, especially as Europe plans a digital recovery:
- Use technology actively to adopt constructivist approaches in teaching learning practices.
- Support collaboration between teachers, researchers and industry partners as well as teacher associations.
- Create favourable conditions for schools and teachers to participate in innovative approaches and projects.
- Reconsider standardised assessment methodologies.
- Create richer stem experience by fostering social-emotional skills.
- Pilot game-based solutions involving skills aspects.
- Involve the entire local community in the educational challenges and goals.
- Overcome the fear of technology.
Click below to read: