Why is your company joining the STEM Alliance?
The objective is to enhance the employability of students studying STEM subjects by:
• Strengthening the collaboration between employers and schools
• Providing quality information/resources to strengthen the role of teachers as role models
• Receiving feedback from schools
• Joining an established platform to reach as many schools and as many teachers as possible
Why is STEM Education a priority for your company?
Transport Malta is a gateway to 28 career paths most of which kick off from STEM subjects.
It is our objective, as one of the major government employers in Malta, to explain the application of STEM subjects to career prospects in the transport industry to be able to build the skills and competences needed now and during the coming decades in the transport industry.
We have been promoting the applicability of STEM subjects to current and future career prospects directly to students for the past 12 months. The age group ranged from 12 to 24 years. We would like to take it to a step further than this by directly approaching teachers too. Teachers represent a constant presence in school children's lives and our message can be more effectively communicated if these role models are empowered as such and are provided with quality tools and resources to be able to disseminate our vision.
What does your company want to achieve with its support to the STEM Alliance?
Transport Malta would like:
• To share and learn best practices
• To benchmark our activities with counterpart employers
• To network with other employers/researchists/policy makers
• To complement the activities already pursued namely partnering in Teen Science Café, participating in career days at various academic and vocational educational institutions such as university, colleges and secondary schools.
Below please find a link to a mobile application called TM careers whereby careers and work placements available in Transport Malta are being explained:
1. mobile app TM Careers. This app is available for Android and IOS devices.
2. App Video https://youtu.be/9lp-5rEbMSU
3. App page http://news.transport.gov.mt/tm-careers/
The Teen Science Café video has been presented by the Ministry of Education for MOOC Module 8.
Click here to contact Transport Malta