Age: 14 - 18
Resource type: video
Context: compulsory education, continuing education, distance education, professional development, vocational education
Supported by: EPCA
EPCA Role Model Series is a set of six videos. Each video presents one person, a professionals in the field of chemical industry (chemical products and solutions), working for an international company. They address their talks to children in the age from 14 to 18 years and are explaining their jobs, educational backgrounds and paths in order to interest and encourage youngsters to think about possible career in the chemical industry. Experts explain pupils how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) background is of importance for future development of technologies.
Videos can be used by teachers to give a real-life example of further education and career opportunities pupils can have in the future within the chemical industry. It can be part of introductory lessons and reflection sessions on chemistry, games on careers, discussion of children’s interests and vocational choices, school projects, preparation of interviews and visits by experts to the school...
Video series were produces by EPCA, The European Petrochemical Association, in order to support STEM education initiative.
Each video lasts 2-3 minutes.
1. Ana Montenegro-Garcia, Polyolefins Technical Service and Development Manager at Repsol Quimica (3:16)
2. Nathalie Brunelle, Senior Vice-President Strategy, Development, Research, Refining & Chemicals at TOTAL (3:07)
3. Murad Smit, Regional Business Manager for Benelux and Germany for Agility Chemical Logistics (2:53)
4. John McGuffin, Feedstock & Optimization Manager, at ExxonMobil Chemical Europe (2:50)
5. Joerg Schmitz, Supply Chain Director Hydrocarbons at the Dow Chemical Company (3:02)
6. Wouter Bleukx, Business Manager Vinyls at INEOS CHLORVINYLS (1:47)