Age: > 13
Resource type: application, exploration, video
Context: compulsory education, continuing education, distance education, higher education, vocational education
License: Content on the Site is made available to Site users under four levels of non-commercial, educational permitted uses as described below. You may only copy, download, share, and/or modify the Content on the Site as designated. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material (https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/help/terms-of-use/#permitted).
Supported by: AMGEN
Concepts of Biotechnology is the first of five components of the Biotechology Collection funded by the Amgen Foundation and produced by WGBH. These resources explore the science facts behind diseases and demonstrate how research is contributing to the understanding of diseases like cancer.
With interactive activities and videos related to the concepts of stem cells, DNA, proteins, genomes, and bacterias students will learn the basics of biotechnology.
Each resource contains:
- a short description of an activity and links to external resources
- an embedded media-file (a video or an interactive activity)
- support material with background essay and discussion questions
- educational standards with national and next generation science standards
- suggestions for similar resources in the Biotechnology Collection
More resources related to the topic of biotechnology are available in the Practice Gallery.