Lehrer in der Wirtschaft
Since 2001, more than 120 high school teachers have engaged in this initiative, through the Bavarian Industry Association (vbw) and the Bavarian State Ministry of Education, Science and the Arts.
The project offers educators the opportunity to be "on leave" for a period of half a year or of an entire year while they become temporary employees in a company, who will contribute in full to their remuneration. During this period, teachers get to work at a company and are given responsibilities in different areas, such as human resources, training and/or public relations. Through this experience, teachers get an insight into the working world of, for example, the metal and electrical industry, in aircraft construction or in the car industry.
After completion of the internship, participant teachers will return to their home schools. However, and in order to promote the transfer of experiences from the business world to their schools, they will continue to work on a project assignments for a year (for example, developing a concept for professional orientation at high schools).
The timeline of the project guarantees its sustainability and efficacy and is organized as follows:
- December - January: Teachers' application to the Bavarian Ministry of Education regarding project participation.
- February - May: Teachers' invitation to apply to the company.
- September - onwards: 12 months cooperation in the company.
- New school year: Teachers' return to the school.
- Implementation of the project and cooperation at the school.
- Maintenance and development of contact between the school and the company.
- Bringing of the information and knowledge into school lessons.
In addition, a supporting programme, which includes seminars and workshops, is put in place throughout the length of the program. This is organised by the Educational Association of the Bavarian Economy (bbw e.V.)
- Aeronautics, Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronautics, Astronomy, Agriculture, Applied sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Computer science, Chemistry, Earth science, Ecology, Electronics, Energy, Engineering, Environmental sciences, Fisheries science, Food science, Forestry science, Gender in STEM, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Information technology, Materials science, Maths, Medical sciences, Meteorology, Microtechnology, Nanotechnology, Nuclear technology, Oceanography, Optics, Pharmacology, Physics, Physiology, Software engineering, Technology, Veterinary medicine, Zoology, Education, Other
- Target group
The Bavarian Industry Association (vbw) and the Bavarian State Ministry of Education, Science and the Arts